A vertical conveyor is a vertical transfer system between one or more levels for piece goods (e.g. pallets, lattice boxes etc. weighing 300 kg – 2,500 kg). Depending on the logistics requirements, the load carrier can be equipped with one or more handling components. This device operates using a counterweight.
The advantages of a vertical conveyor
- Quiet and gentle running thanks to counterweight
- Lower power consumption
- Can be set up outdoors and/or in extraction shaft
- Use of fall arresters on counterweight and/or elevator car is possible
- Use of durable components from elevator construction (guides, cable drums, cables etc.)
- Load carrier can be configured with one or more materials handling components